The Sexual Health and Reproductive Experiences (SHARE) Lab, directed by Dr. Madina Agénor, conducts cutting-edge research on the social and policy determinants of sexual and reproductive health disparities in relation to various dimensions of social inequality – especially sexual orientation, gender identity, race/ethnicity, and nativity – using an intersectional lens.
Topics of study include: intersecting sexual orientation, racial/ethnic, and nativity disparities in cervical cancer screening and human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination; sexual and reproductive health of sexual minority women, including Black sexual minority women; sexual and reproductive health of transmasculine individuals, including transmasculine people of color; and impact of policy– and provider-level factors on cancer prevention disparities and reproductive health equity.
Current SHARE Lab Projects
- Reproductive health among transmasculine young adults (funded by Society of Family Planning)
- Intersecting sexual orientation, racial/ethnic, and nativity disparities in cervical, breast, and colorectal cancer screening
- Multilevel social determinants of HIV/STI testing among transmasculine young adults of color (funded by National Institute of Mental Health)
- Policy- and provider-level determinants of sexual orientation and racial/ethnic disparities in HPV vaccination among young U.S. women (funded by National Cancer Institute)
Current SHARE Lab Members
- Seblewongel Yigletu, Undergraduate Student, Tufts University
- Allison McGuirk, Undergraduate Student, Tufts University
- Jesse Najarro, Undergraduate Student, Tufts University
- Emily Unger, PhD Student, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Gabe Murchison, PhD Student, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Allison Baker, PhD Student, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Alex Cottrill, Research Assistant, Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
- Ashley Pérez, PhD Student, University of California San Francisco School of Nursing
SHARE Lab Collaborators
Projects are conducted in collaboration with junior and senior colleagues at universities and community-based organizations across the U.S., including Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston Children’s Hospital, University of Michigan, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Harvard Medical School, The Fenway Institute, and Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts.
Join the SHARE Lab!
If you are an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral student or postdoctoral research fellow interested in joining the SHARE Lab, please send the following information to Dr. Agénor at email@example.com: 1) CV or resume, 2) one-page cover letter detailing your research experience and skills and explaining why you want to join the Lab, 3) writing sample (5 pages maximum), and 4) contact information for 2 academic references.